Monday, June 6, 2011

I made it to Australia!!

Traveling to Australia

I left Houston at 7:45 and arrived at LAX and had about a 2 hour layover.. which turns out to be just enough time to get to your next flight.  LAX is insane!  I had to bus hop to get to my correct gate.  Then where they drop you off is basically just a sitting area, not a loading gate.  Then you have to get on another bus that brings you to the airplane.  The flight to Australia was loooong!  I sat in the middle seat, read a little, slept a little, watched a few movies, slept a little, watched some TV shows then finally I was there.  I finally landed in Australia at 8:45 local time, Monday morning.  Beau and his coach Petah Gibbs were waiting for me after customs! 


My first day in Australia, Beau and I ran errands to get everything set up for my stay!  We went to the mall to buy a new blowdryer and stopped by the grocery store in the mall.  This is Beau pushing the shopping cart through the mall. 


After shopping, Beau's coach and his wife had us over for dinner.  It was so nice of them to have us over for dinner.  I can tell already that people in Australia are very similar to Texans!  When we got back after dinner, Beau was trying to keep me awake so that I could avoid jetlag.  He tried to hop me up on sugar from the local cookies, Tim Tams.  These are Beau's favorite Australian chocolate biscuits (cookies).

No comments:

Post a Comment